“It may be a modest smile, a hug, or a sincere note, but there is a moment in nearly all of our relationships when a client feels a big sense of relief. That motivates me.”
Born and raised in Columbus, Indiana, Andy grew up in a family who believed in two fundamentals: give to others and be the best version of yourself. He and his wife, Laura, have since gone on to seek to instill those values in their children, Harper, Emma Kate, Caroline, and Mack. Whether it is family, clients, or colleagues, Andy’s greatest sense of achievement is in helping others reach their goals and desires.
Andy earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Centre College and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from the University of Kentucky. He then earned his CFP® (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practitioner) a few years later.
Giving back to the community is one of Andy’s passions. He has served in several volunteer roles, including the: University of Kentucky’s MBA Advisory Committee, Executive Committee of the Blue Grass Community Foundation, Life Plan of Kentucky Board, Past President of the Bluegrass Estate Planning Council, and OperaLex Board. In addition, he enjoys coaching his children’s soccer and basketball teams. Outside of work, Andy enjoys spending time outdoors and playing/following sports.
For Andy, his work is more than a job. The combination of a service-based yet highly technical field of personal financial decision-making is both rewarding and challenging. As an early Partner in Ballast, Andy continues to help shape the future of the business.
In the industry…
- Investment Advisor Representative through Ballast
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
- FINRA Series 7, 24, and 66 registrations
- Licensed for Life Insurance and Health Insurance
- FINRA Registered Representative
- FINRA Registered Principal
In the community…
- University of Kentucky MBA Advisory Committee Member
- Blue Grass Community Foundation Board Member, Executive Committee Member
- Life Plan of Kentucky Board Member
- Bluegrass Estate Planning Council Board Member, Past President
- Kentucky Colonel
- Past Speaking Engagements Include: Kentucky Dental Association, University of Kentucky Gatton College of Business, Centre College Fall Forum, Rotary Club
Check the background of the investment professional on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.