“I feel fortunate every day that I sit in the chair that I do. The trust others have in our firm is humbling, and it inspires us to serve them the right way.”
John worked at a large bank for years. He was on the fast track, but he knew there was a better way to help people. He believed then, as he does now, that he will be sitting across from his clients for thirty years. So he forged his own path.
As the son of a banker, he took an interest in the world of finance from an early age. While attending Centre College, John was active in investment research while working on an endowment study with the school’s Director of Finance. After graduating from Centre College, John worked his way up from equity trader to become one of the youngest Vice Presidents in the bank employing over 25,000 people. Although the bank provided great opportunities for John, he decided that his clients would be best served in a different form.
In 2005, he founded Boardman Wealth Planning, now known as Ballast. Ballast was built to act as the “Personal CFO” of its clients, coordinating and managing all aspects of a client’s financial life.
John enjoys golf, running, cooking, and, most importantly, spending time with his wife Ann Wesley, his daughter Kate, his son Henry, and dogs Buddy and Teddy.
In the community…
- Trustee of the Kentucky Teachers Retirement System
- Trustee of Markey Cancer Foundation
- Board Member of the First Tee Organization of Lexington
- Board Member of the Bluegrass Estate Planning Council
- Past Chairman of the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge of Lexington Board
- Past Chairman of the American Cancer Society Annual Golf Tournament
- Past Board Member of the Lakeview Estates Lake Association
- Past Board member of the Centre College Alumni Advisory and Lexington Boards